IMAGINE YOU ARE A CAR. What if, years ago, you pulled the emergency brake on being your authentic self. With all that creativity locked up inside . . . you now were going nowhere. You stopped yourself.
Why would you have put on the brakes in the first place? Many factors can cause people, especially young children, to apply the brakes on being themselves. Could it have been self-preservation from emotional trauma or abuse of any kind?
If you realize you’ve stopped your creativity from developing, pledge to release those brakes. Why? Because your level of creativity depends on your Uniqueness, and it’s possible you’ve stopped sharing YOU. Don’t be afraid of moving forward. Instead, realize that releasing your inhibitions can determine your career path and your wealth on the road ahead.
So, how do you release the brakes? Here are 12 actions for you to take. And they all work. I know, because I lived with brakes on for decades until I learned to nurture my own Uniqueness. These 12 practices got me unstuck and moving forward. And they can help you, too.
1. Create a time and place where you can hear yourself think—and feel. Light a candle nearby.
2. Tell yourself to “stay in the moment.” This brings all your Energy to be “all here,” so you can manage any situation you are experiencing right now.
3. Breathe deeply. Shallow breathing is not a good thing. It puts you in “neutral.” Instead, breathe deep to your hips and pelvic floor to give yourself the oxygen you require.
4. Trust yourself in knowing you can make a better life for yourself.
5. Trust your intuition. Listen to it daily. You may not know why you sense what you do; simply trust that following your intuition will lead you to a good, safe place.
6. Add to your education via online or brick-and-mortar options.
7. Write regularly in a journal about your life.
8. Learn to meditate. It’ll calm you.
9. Get a good counselor, one who can give you a safe place to be heard.
10. Expect miracles. Remember, people tend to receive what they expect to receive.
11. Give yourself permission to release the brakes that may exist. You deserve this.
12. Most of all, realize that you know more than you think you do. You really do.
Moving forward with these activities—often and with your full Energy—will change your life for the better. Yes, you are more than you think you are.
Learn more about one woman’s path for healing after abuse, trauma, and dissociation in Abuse & Energy and Peace & Energy, Books 1 and 3 of the Abuse & Energy™ Series.